With spring just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to shake things up and take on a new challenge. I admit, I never loved February. It’s the longest, shortest month. Granted, Philly residents have been lucky this year with great weather but usually its freezing cold and just miserable. I’m always happy to see it go. With just 18 days to until spring, there’s no better time to shake off the winter blues.
Even though I’m relatively active, I need something to shake up my system. So, I created a March challenge to make some positive changes for the month. Here’s how it works:
- Choose three things to give up per day. This can be anything – food, bad habits, destructive tendencies. (1 point each, maximum 3)
- Add in two good habits per day. This should be anything you know you should be doing or just want to do daily. (1 point each, maximum 2)
- Do one thing to feed your spirit daily. Demonstrate thankfulness, feed your mind with an actual book, give someone a compliment, or anything that will make your spirit grow. (1 point max)
- Log a 45 minute workout (1 point max)
- Log an extra 45 minute workout as a bonus (1 point max). This is great for those long run days!
Its just a great way to get back on track if you’ve fallen off the wagon from your New Year’s resolutions or if you are working toward a big event this can help. Its just a little challenge that some of my girlfriends and I are taking on with a few side bets on the side.
Some of the things I’m doing are giving up sweets, wine, potato chips (my downfall). I’m making sure to get veggies daily and adding a one-minute plank per day. I’m feeding my spirit by giving a compliment a day and then just continuing my workouts. I don’t like to lose so this should be fun!